Ciencia / Examen Final Ecología Prepa
Examen Final Ecología PrepaTrabajos Documentales: Examen Final Ecología Prepa
Ensayos de Calidad, Tareas, Monografias - busque más de 2.266.000+ documentos.
Enviado por: rvallesm 02 diciembre 2013
Palabras: 845 | Páginas: 4
DIRECTIONS: Read the entire exam before you start. Answer your exam in complete silence. Use blue or black pen, not pencil, and do not use correcting pen (cross the incorrect answer if you made a mistake). Do not borrow anything from your classmates.
I. From the group of definitions below, write the one that belong to each description: (10 points)
Ecology / Biotic factors / Abiotic factors / Ecosystem / Biodiversity / Extinciton / Biological magnification / Carrying capacity /
Limiting factors / Consumers
1. __________________ Is the science that studies the interactions of organisms and their environments.
2. ____________________ Are all the living parts of the environment, such as humans, microorganisms, etc.
3. ___________________ Are all the nonliving parts of the environment, like water, soil air, temperature, wind, sunlight and other non-living materials
4. ___________________ Are the organisms that do not produce their own food, therefore, they eat other organisms.
5. ___________________ Is a highly organized, structured environment in which all parts exist in a delicate balance.
6. ___________________ Is the variety of species in an ecosystem.
7. _____________________ Is the disappearance of a species from all or part of the species geographical range is called
8. ____________________Is the increasing concentration of a pollutant in organisms at higher trophic levels in a food web.
9. ____________________ Is the number of individuals of a species that can be supported by an ecosystem.
10. ______________________ Are the forces that slow the growth of a population.
II. Write TRUE or FALSE at the beginning of each statement as it belongs. If the phrase is wrong, re-write it correctly (20 points).
1. ___________ Ecology can study the way salinity in a lake affects the algae that grows in the bottom of it.
2. ___________ We, humans, obtain energy directly from the food and indirectly from the Sun.
____ As a general rule, the larger the biodiversity is in an ecosystem, the healthier that ecosystem is.
4. ___________ Producer organisms are called like that because they make their own food from non-living things.
5. ___________ The living space enables organisms to obtain the materials they need.
6. ___________ Pollution and deforestation are two examples of habitat degradation.
7. ___________ About a 13% of the land in Mexico constitute its Natural Protected areas.
8. ___________ Temperature, pressure and humidity are some examples of biotic factors.
9.___________ In general, Biodiversity is larger close to the Equator.
10. ___________ If a habitat is altered or destroyed, the organism adapted to that habitat must either find a new habitat or die.
III. Circle the letter of the correct answer for each question (7 points):
1. What happens naturally in a growing population when resources become scarce?
a) Deaths rate rises and births rate de ...
Suscríbase a ClubEnsayos
Suscríbase a ClubEnsayos - busque más de 2.266.000+ documentos