Temas Variados / Reglas Del Presente Progresivo En Ingles
Reglas Del Presente Progresivo En InglesInforme de Libros: Reglas Del Presente Progresivo En Ingles
Ensayos de Calidad, Tareas, Monografias - busque más de 2.192.000+ documentos.
Enviado por: m1e2l3i4d5a6 26 abril 2013
Palabras: 308 | Páginas: 2
The Present Progressive
The present progressive or continuous is the present tense which is used in two cases:
1. To describe events or actions that the subject is performing when talking.
2. To talk about an action or plans that we will do in the near future.
For the formation of sentences in the Present Progressive, use the verb "To be" of each of the personal pronouns, followed by the action verb or gerund. Recall that in the English language, so that a verb is in the form Gerundia, add at the end of each verb ending in "-ing".
There are some rules to convert a verb in its simplest form a gerund, according to its completion.
1. If the verb has one syllable and ends in a consonant preceded by a single vowel (following the structure consonant-vowel-consonant), this consonant must be duplicated and then add the suffix "-ing".
1. run running
2. shop shopping
3. cut cutting
4. sit sitting
5. swim swimming
2. If the verb ends in "-e" and this is preceded by a consonant, the "e" is removed and in its place add "-ing".
1. Come coming
2. Write writing
3. Dance dancing
4. Love loving
5. Take taking
3. If the verb has more than one syllable and the accent falls on the last, we must double the last consonant when we have only a single vowel and consonant in the last syllable.
1. Admit admitting
2. Begin beginning
4. When a verb ends in "l", and this is preceded by a vowel, that "l", must be duplicated and then, add "-ing".
1. Cancel cancelling
2. Impel impelling
5. In verbs ending in "-ie", this particle should be replaced by a "y" then add the "-ing".
1. Lie lying
2. Tie tying
3. Belie belying
4. Die dying
5. Untie untying
6. For verbs that end in a vowel followed by a double consonant or a double vowel followed by
a consonant, add "ing".
1. Cook cooking
2. Count counting
3. Eat eating
4. Sleep sleeping
5. Think thinking
Finally, as in all tenses, you should make use of time expressions to indicate the action that falls prayer is being performed at the time spoken of or that we are describing future plans. ...
Suscríbase a ClubEnsayos
Suscríbase a ClubEnsayos - busque más de 2.192.000+ documentos